Counsellor - Social Worker, MSW, or Registered Psychotherapist
Rapids Family Health Team seeks enthusiastic, dynamic, and motivated individuals with a Master of Social Work or registered psychotherapists interested in joining our organization. Applicants must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively within our multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals. Team members must be able to provide patient-centered care by applying empirically supported interventions within short-term or single-session counselling parameters, facilitate psychoeducational groups, and provide education/advocacy for clients.
Education and Qualifications:
- Master of Social Work from a recognized University or a Registered Psychotherapist with proof of registration in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers (OCSWSSW) or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO).
- Minimum of three years’ experience providing individual counselling/psychotherapy with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Post-graduate professional development in at least one or more of the following modalities: Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Emotion Focused Therapy (EFT), Narrative Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy, Internal Family Systems (IFS), Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT), Brief Solution Focused (BSF), Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT), Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), EMDR, Trauma-Informed care.
- Working knowledge of the Mental Health Act, Healthcare Consent Act, Personal Health Information and Privacy Act (PHIPA)Substitute Decisions Makers’ Act, Regulated Health Professionals Act and other relevant legislation.
- Sound understanding of community mental health and addictions resources.
- Experience in a multidisciplinary setting will be considered an asset. Internal navigation and/or facilitating access to other health care providers and community organizations in collaborative care.
- Efficient computer skills, working knowledge of electronic medical records, and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proof of a recent Vulnerable Sector Police Check.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Compassionate and empathetic approach to patient care.
- Provide counselling services and maintain healthy therapeutic relationships with clients in accordance with the OCSWSSW/CRPO utilizing clinical skills from a variety of therapeutic modalities.
- Ensure ethical standards are abided by and sound clinical judgment is used. Willingness to seek own supervision and participate in peer group supervision as needed.
- Skilled at working with individuals experiencing anxiety, depression, grief, loss, adjustment, relationship challenges, stress management, suicide loss, suicidal ideation/safety planning, maintenance stage addiction support, work-related stress, sleep disturbances, disordered eating, ADHD, self-esteem.
- Confident working with a wide range of clientele; youth, adults, older adults, couples, and group work. Expertise working with specialized groups: Indigenous, LGBTQ, racialized, and international.
- Engage in an anti-oppressive practice while working to build assessment, and treatment plans working with clients
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to ethical standards.
- Ability to maintain accurate and complete clinical files with thorough case notes.
- The ability to engage in a self-reflexive practice to work from a growth mindset.
- Interest in continued professional development and continuing education with opportunities.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume through the job posting on Indeed.ca or email email@example.com.
This is an ONA Union position; compensation is governed as per the current Collective Agreement.
Rapids Family Health Team is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process. Appropriate accommodations will be made available in all aspects of the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require any accommodations for equal participation in the application, interview or selection processes, kindly contact Human Resources by phone at 519-339-8949 and we will endeavor to provide a suitable accommodation in a manner that considers your individual accessibility needs.
By submitting your job application, you acknowledge and agree that as a condition of employment you will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated because of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you may be exempt from this requirement to Human Resources who may then follow up with further information if necessary.
Job Type: Permanent Full-time
Salary Range: $34.25 – $38.86 per hour
Hours: 37.5 per week
Work Location: In person, Sarnia, Ontario
Rapids Family Health Team is seeking an enthusiastic, progressive, self-directed and professional Occupational Therapist with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with other health care professionals to manage the needs of clients.
The Occupational Therapist will see patients based on direct referral from the FHT physicians, as well as facilitate groups based on specific populations including but not limited to our Boosting Balance program. Responsibilities will include assessments and intervention related to falls prevention and balance, prescription of assistive devices, cognitive impairment, home safety, functional impairment and system navigation. Due to the collaborative nature of this position, the Occupational Therapist may be required to attend meetings or conduct business at other offices and external locations.
Education and Qualifications:
Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy required
1-2 years of experience as an Occupational Therapist with experience in a primary health care setting preferred
Current registration with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario, in good standing
Demonstrated competence within the full scope of practice of an Occupational Therapist in the provision of assessment, care, interventions, goal setting and documentation of care needs
Membership with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists and/or Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists is an asset
Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care Assistive Devices Program (ADP) Authorizer status for ambulation aids (ie: walkers), wheelchairs and power mobility an assest
Additional training or credentials in chronic disease management, pain management, seniors focused services and home safety, injury prevention, health promotion activities are considered assets
Demonstrated clinical reasoning skills and excellent assessment and therapeutic skills
Experience in group facilitation and designing, implementing, evaluating programs
Ability to work as a self-directed health care professional in an interdisciplinary setting
Aptitude using Electronic Medical Records (eMR)
This is a unionized position; compensation is governed as per the current ONA Collective Agreement.
At Rapids Family Health Team we strive to offer an exciting and caring work environment.
By submitting your job application you acknowledge and agree that as a condition of employment you will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you may be exempt from this requirement to Human Resources who may then follow up with further information if necessary.
Rapids Family Health Team is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process. Appropriate accommodations will be made available in all aspects of the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require any accommodations for equal participation in the application, interview or selection processes, kindly contact us and we will endeavor to provide a suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account your individual accessibility needs. To apply for this position please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.