Happiness 101 for Teens
Happiness 101 for TEENS
A 2 -week educational group about how to live a happier life. Learn lifelong skills that contribute to a more cheerful life.
Talk for Tamara (TFT) is happy to be supporting this group:
Happiness 101 is a course for people who want to be happier. This interactive educational workshop program is open to teens 15 to 20. Research has shown that while there are many factors and circumstances that determine one’s level of happiness, over 40% of happiness is personally controlled and happiness habits can be learned.
Benefits of happiness include:
- Decreased cortisol (stress hormone) levels
- Increased immune function
- Decreased physiological reactivity to stress
- Better quality of life
- Longer life (7.5 to 10 years longer!)
- Better sleep
- Less pain & less stress
You will learn:
- What happy people do and how they think
- How to purposefully create happiness for yourself
- Skills that are proven to lead to increased happiness
Cost is Free. Supported by Talk For Tamara. Snacks will be provided.
Dates and Time: Monday, September 18 and 25, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
To register, contact Cheryl, Mental Health Intake Worker at 519-339-8949 ext 156. Enrolment is limited.
Location: Rapids Family Health Team, 1150 Pontiac Drive, Sarnia, Ontario
Supported by: TFT - raises funds for education for youth mental health and suicide prevention.